ARTEMISIA ACADEMY OF HERBAL ARTS & HEALING
Santa Barbara, California firstname.lastname@example.org
Thu, Mar 03|
LIVE via Zoom
200 years ago, most people lived on farms and produced their own food to eat. Today, less than 2% of people in the US produce food or know the basics. Are you ready for the next wave of food shortages and natural disasters?
Time & Location
Mar 03, 2022, 4:00 PM PST – May 19, 2022, 7:00 PM PDT
LIVE via Zoom
About The Event
200 years ago, most people lived on farms and produced their own food to eat. Today, less than 2% of people in the US produce food or know the basics of the how-to. Are you ready for the next wave of food shortages and natural disasters?
- Are passionate about growing your own food and ready to start your backyard homestead,
- Have tried gardening already, and can't seem to make things grow right,
- Are tired of watching endless youtube videos and want to be confident in your decisions of what seeds to buy, and what actually grows best in your area,
Then join Horticulturist & 15 year Homesteader & Organic Gardener, Mary Andrews, to learn how to create a holistic garden without wasting your energy, effort and time.
In this LIVE online class we will study Polyculture, Permaculture & other holistic design principles. Get an easy to follow approach to learn how to create your own sustainable backyard homestead, including integrating fruit & nut trees, herbs & flowers, chickens, drought tolerant plants, and more.
Join us for virtual tours of local farms & homesteads of all sizes, and learn how to turn your own back plot, yard, or balcony into an edible food forest. Learn side by side with your new community of holistic homesteaders and connect to other like-minded people just like you
What you will learn:
- Learn how to create a Holistic Garden with nature as your partner instead of your enemy
- Develop a master plan for your space, and know how to utilize all of its design strengths
- Turn your balcony or property into an edible paradise, and have a step by step guide holding your hand along the way for how to get there
- Relearn the forgotten skills of our grandmothers & grandfathers
- Start investing in your own self sufficiency & food security skills
- Learn how to grow your own food that is free from chemicals, pesticides & herbicides
- Develop a healthier relationship with your food, the land, and the earth’s natural cycles
What you will get:
- 12 online live courses, taking you step by step through creating your holistic garden
- Worksheets & Planning Pages to Design your Dream Garden
- Resource Guides for Gardening Supplies & Plants
- Dozens of Plant Profiles, so you can choose the best plants to plant for your area
- Virtual Tours of Local Gardens, Farms & Homesteads
- Hands on Demonstration Videos & easy to follow Instructions for every aspect of gardening
- Lifetime access to the recordings & course materials
- Live Support & Coaching from Horticulturist & Homesteader, Mary Andrews
- A new community of holistic-minded people just like you
Even if you plant only 1 plant, an apple tree for example- you will provide shade for your house, leaves for your compost, fruit for your family, and offset your carbon footprint! Buts let's do more than plant one plant, let's build your dream garden too!