Mon, Nov 07|
LIVE via Zoom
Five Flavors of Phytochemistry
Are you curious as to why herbal medicine is so effective, and what herbs are really doing in your body?
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2022, 1:00 PM PST – Dec 11, 2022, 5:00 PM PST
LIVE via Zoom
About The Event
In this class, we take a deep dive into plant phytochemistry and energetics to learn the basics of categories of plant constituents and 5 element theory.
Each week, we will taste our way through the 5 flavors and sample what herbs do in our body. Learn how to identify herbal actions and affected body systems by taste, and understand how these compounds can be best extracted in medicine making.
In this class we will also introduce TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) theory, and how different flavors affect different emotions, organs, and meridians. At the end of each class we will learn specific Qigong exercises for each flavor and Chinese organ system, to walk away with a practical and a hands-on approach to remembering TCM theory for years to come.
Have fun with your new community of aspiring herbalists and holistic healers and connect to other like-minded people just like you.
What you will learn:
- Learn an introduction to Phytochemistry and 5 element theory
- Study energetic and emotional medicine
- Learn Medical Qigong exercises and self-care for the 5 elements & emotional states
- Understand how to best extract specific classes of plant constituents
- Taste over 20 herbs and learn their energetic effects
- Get live support & coaching from a Certified Clinical Herbalist and Acupuncturist
- Connect with a new community of like-minded people